Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
These are the 10 books I’m not sure I want to read – I’ve listed them in no particular order. If you believe I should give any of these books a shot, please share your thoughts! I challenge you to change my mind – tell me what I’m missing! 🙂
1. Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell – I thought this book looked fascinating. And then I decided I might not be able to stomach reading from the perspective of a serial killer.
2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – I’ve heard mixed things about this book. (??)
3. If I Stay by Gayle Forman – I really want to see the movie, and so I want to read the book. I’m just worried it’s depressing, and I’m not a huge fan of depressing books.
4. Looking for Alaska by John Green – Honestly, not sure why I’m holding back.
5. The Jewel by Amy Ewing – I was looking forward to this, but I read a few poor reviews and so now I’m not so sure.
6. The Killer Order (prequel to Maze Runner) by James Dashner – I really enjoyed the Maze Runner, but the rest of the series did little for me. And so I’m hesitant to read this prequel.
7. Meridian (sequel to Arclight) by Josin L. McQuein – Did not enjoy reading Arclight (book 1).
8. The Mime Order (Bone Season #2) by Samantha Shannon – I wasn’t as impressed with The Bone Season as I’d hoped I’d be, and I don’t find myself particularly excited for the publication of The Mime Order.
9. The Last Little Blue Envelope (sequel to 13 Little Blue Envelopes) by Maureen Johnson – If Ginny and Keith aren’t together, I don’t think I want to read it. I realize that’s a terrible reason.
10. Pandemonium (sequel to Delirium) by Lauren Oliver – I attempted to read this immediately after being sucked into Delirium. It just wasn’t working for me, and so I doubt I’ll attempt it a second time.