Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
AH, retellings! My new obsession. 😉 And I’m loving how diverse retellings are becoming – diverse characters, diverse genres. It’s no longer the same-old same-old (modern-day Cinderella, Snow White, etc.) It’s exciting. So I’ve listed five fairytale retellings I’ve read, and five retellings I’ve added to my TBR. Enjoy!
*Can we take a moment to admire how fantastic these covers look side by side?
1. The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh – retelling of A Thousand and One Nights
2. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas – retelling of Beauty and the Beast
3. Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis – sci-fi retelling of Snow White
4. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge – retelling of Beauty and the Beast
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – sci-fi retelling of Cinderella (followed by sci-fi retellings of Red Riding Hood and Rapunzel)
WANT TO READ
6. Winter by Marissa Meyer – sci-fi retelling of Snow White
7. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston – retelling of A Thousand and One Nights
8. Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge – retelling of Red Riding Hood
9. Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas – retelling of Cinderella
10. Spinning Starlight by R.C. Lewis – retelling of The Wild Swans
DID YOU ADD ANY OF THESE BOOKS TO YOUR TTT? YOU TELL ME – WHAT HAVE I MISSED?? I’M ALWAYS ON THE LOOKOUT FOR INTRIGUING RETELLINGS! BRING ON THE RECOMMENDATIONS! BE SURE TO LINK TO YOUR TOP TEN TUESDAY POST SO I CAN CHECK IT OUT. 🙂