Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I am a huge fan of book clubs. A group of people coming together to read and discuss a novel? Sign me up. None of my close friends share my love of reading (sigh) and so that’s why I’ve joined the online community of book-lovers, to share my bookish thoughts and all the bottled-up feels. 😉
Without further ado, these are the books I’d love to read with my imaginary/fictional book club.
1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
2. Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
3. The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
4. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie – WHODUNNIT?
5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Books 1-5 feature powerful themes. These themes would make for really great discussions.
6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
7. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
9. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
10. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
Books 6-10 pull at the heart-strings. *Disclaimer: if you do not have a friend to discuss these books with, you might possibly be emotionally damaged for life.
(My mother is very familiar with these novels, though she’s never read them, because I gave her blow-by-blow accounts through my tears.)
Have you read these novels? Would you like to become a member of my imaginary book club? I’ll
probably let you join.