Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I’ve been looking forward to this topic. I know what true friendship is, thanks to many of these books. So, without further ado, check out my top 10 books about friendship (listed in no particular order).
1. Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace – Betsy and Tacy are so close they are called by one name, as if they are one person, or a package deal. The books follow these fast friends through their weddings.
2. The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick – A series about a group of girls who become friends by participating in a book club together. (Obviously a series after my own heart!)
3. Because of Winn-Dixie by Kate DiCamillo – A dog is a man’s best friend, is it not?
4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett – An inspiring novel about a group of women who are not supposed to be friends, but defy societal pressures and expectations.
5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead – Rose is “bonded” to her best friend Lissa, which means she can listen to Lissa’s thoughts and experience Lissa’s emotions. I don’t know if it’s possible for a friendship to be stronger than that.
6. I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You by Ally Carter – Spies stick together. I love the friendship between the very different personalities of the Gallagher Girls books.
7. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – These four boys are so close they’re like brothers.
8. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – Harry, Ron, and Hermione – the golden trio. (Friendship is as simple as battling a troll together in the girls’ bathroom.) The Harry Potter books are about a lot of things, but I believe friendship is at the top of the list.
9. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini – Amir’s story is about his search for redemption and his desire to prove himself worthy of his friend’s unwavering loyalty.
10. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See – Lily and Snow Flower are a laotong pair, destined to be the best of friends. They share one another’s joys and tragedies, and their beautiful and tragic story is about discovering the true meaning of loyalty and love.