Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
So for this freebie day, I’ve decided to go back to the topic I skipped earlier this month (April 28) – I was swamped with exams! Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who _____ (are musically inclined, have lost someone, have depression, who grow up poor, etc.) I’m glad I get to revisit it, as I think it’s a super awesome prompt and all my favorite geniuses came to mind…
*in no particular order
1.Reynie Muldoon, Sticky Washington, Constance Contraire (The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart) – The birthday party at the end of book 1? Knocked my socks off. (If you’ve read the book, you’ll know what I’m talking about!) *Hint: It’s the reason grumpy Constance Contraire will forever have a place in my heart.
2. Lizzie, Gregor’s sister (Gregor the Overlander series by Suzanne Collins) – She loves solving puzzles, and she’s good at it, but she’s shy and incredibly humble. Gotta love that combination in a character.
3. Charles Wallace, Meg’s younger brother (A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle) – Maybe he and Constance Contraire should go out.
4. Turtle Wexler (The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin) – She’s weird, but I wish we could be friends.
5. Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer) – “Twelve-year-old Artemis Fowl is a millionaire, a genius—and, above all, a criminal mastermind.” He’s only everything I’ve always wished I could be.
6. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling) – Okay, so, we may not be explicitly told that Hermione is a genius, but we all know it’s true.
7. Liz Sutton (Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter) – She speaks a ton of languages and cracks CIA codes, but she’s klutzy and naive and super sweet.
8. Micah (Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless by Liz Czukas) – Has a genius IQ, and he’s adorable for it. 😉
9. Paul and Teddy (A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray) – There is nothing more attractive than two teenage guys studying parallel dimensions alongside your brilliant parents.
10. June and Day (Legend by Marie Lu) – Two prodigies – a soldier and a criminal – totally makes for a super cute romance.
HAVE YOU READ THESE BOOKS? SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS! ALSO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE GENIUSES!