Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I’ve listed below (in no particular order) the ten places books have made me want to visit. (Almost all of them are fictional! Go figure.) I am posting this very late in the day, but better late than never, right? I was super excited about this post.
1. Paris – Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Ooh la la. I think there’s a strong chance I could find love in Paris like Anna.
2. London – 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
A giant department store? I’m there.
3. The Underland – Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins
It’s an underground world beneath NYC populated by giant rodents. I’d really like to check it out.
4. New Beijing – Cinder by Melissa Meyer
New Beijing is home to super cool tech and Prince Kai. And also Thorne. <3
5. Dystopian Chicago – Divergent by Veronica Roth
The factions fascinate me, I’m not gonna lie.
6. Panem’s Capital – Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Not sure I’d want to live here, but I’d certainly like to visit.
6. Hogwarts – Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
Do I even have to explain?
7. Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women – Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter
I’ve always had a secret obsession with becoming a spy.
8. Eighteenth-century London – Gideon Trilogy by Linda Buckley Archer, Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare
London made the list TWICE. Two time periods!
9. 1920s New York – Born of Illusion by Teri Brown
I <3 NYC!
Have you read these novels? What places have books made you want to visit? Share your thoughts! I love recommendations!